How to Apply Jamberry Nail Wraps!
How Do I Apply Jamberry Nail Wraps?
This is my personal tips and tricks for how to get the best application of your Jamberry Nail wraps. Each person’s nails are slightly different, whether they are curved, bumpy, oily, and so on. Even the shape of your nails or how you use them on a day to day basis is different. For a large chunk of the population the basic instructions on your Jamberry Nail Wraps package will be all that you need. For some it will take a little practice… don’t worry I am in that boat with you!
So here are my best tips for curvy, oily, and different shaped nails! I will tag the steps below for you to pay extra attention to if you have one of these specific problem areas.
Pre-Prep for Oily Nails: Use the Black Tea Method. Steep some black tea. After it cools soak your nails for about 5 mins.
Pre-Prep for Mis-shapen nails (Well its not that your nails are mis-shapen it’s that they are just a different shape than the nail wrap.) So take a piece of tape and stick it to your nail bed. Trace the shape of your nail with a pen. Then stick the tape to the back of the nail wrap sheet and cut out the nail wrap from the inside of the line you drew on the wrap.
1.Wash Hands with dish soap. When you do focus on each nail bed individually to make sure that you get all the oil removed. (Important for Oily Nails)
2. Dry Well. Nuff said!
3. Push back cuticles. When you push them back make sure you get it all off your nails. Use your cuticle pusher to trim them as well. Its really important to not have any cuticle on your nail bed. The nail wraps don’t like your cuticles so lets make them happy. You can get a cuticle remover cream and see if that helps you. (Important for misshapen nails)
4. Life wrap with tweezers. Well you don’t have to. You can use your fingers just make sure not to touch the part of the nail wrap that will touch your nail bed. (Oily Nails)
5. Heat with a blow dryer (or your Jamberry Heater) for 4 seconds.
6. Place wrap on nail using pressure!! Focus on the base, sides, and edges. Lots of pressure for this step. Make sure you get all the bubbles and wrinkles out.
7. Reheat for as long as possible. I mean it heat for as long as you can stand it.
(For Curvy Nails: Pull and stretch the end of the wrap in a downward direction. Make sure you get all your wrinkles out of it)
8. Trim the edge. There will be a small edge left and that’s okay.
9. Wrap a sandwich bag around nail. Weird right? But trust me. Take a plastic sandwich baggie and wrap your nail in it as tight as you can. Make sure it is smooth. (This will help with curvy Nails)
& Reheat for as long as possible. With the baggie on your nail.
10. More pressure around the edges. Pressure… Pressure… Pressure!
11. Admire & wait 5 minutes… While you are waiting here… This looks like a lot of steps but now that you have done it you can see how once you get the hang of it and understand what is best practice for your nails then you will be good to go!)
12. Gently file in a soft downwards motion. This is your preference you can either file or clip the edge of the nail wrap off. Some swear by filing some swear by clipping… your call try em both. But make sure that there is nothing left hanging over the edge when its all said and done. If you leave an edge it will be able to catch on things and then you will get lifting tips.
Alright that is my best instructions for your best Jamberry Nail Application.
Good Luck!! If you have questions please feel free to contact me I will walk you through the process. And if you want a free sample to try out these tips make sure you email me a request.
PS: Don’t forget to check out our sister site for all your small business needs www.officeguardians.ca (site coming soon)